Collaborations and Community Partnerships
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Oversight Committee – collaboration between United Way of Greater Milwaukee and the city’s government, social services, business, public health, philanthropy, educational and religious leaders utilizing a broad-reaching efforts and diverse strategies aimed at reducing births to teens by 46% by the year 2015.
- Milwaukee Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families – collaboration formed for the purpose of bringing together individuals, organizations and resources to eliminate racial disparities in infant mortality in Milwaukee by the year 2020.
- Strengthening African American Families & Focus on Fatherhood/Male Engagement
- Milwaukee Fatherhood Initiative – Annual Fatherhood Summit
- Personal Responsibility Education Program/Milwaukee Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Partnership
- Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Poverty Network/Wisconsin African American Tobacco Prevention Network
- Milwaukee Succeeds – Shared Vision of Success for Every Child, in Every School, Cradle to Career
- Milwaukee City Health Department – Men’s Health Network
- 1,254 youth and adults served
- Pregnancy prevention education sessions to 332 youth in the Juvenile Detention Center, choice and charter schools and community-based agencies
- 55 adults graduated from parenting skills classes
- 107 individuals completed the Ron Lee Memorial Community Driver’s Education Permit classes
- 63 individuals successfully got their driver’s license reinstated
- Assisted 229 new individuals and 1,277 repeat individuals with job readiness, employment search and case management services. 61 individuals obtained full/part-time employment.
- 191 gained access to telecommunications services.